Saturday, August 27, 2005

7.5 times 4 is WHAT again?

I can multiply. 7:26 x 4 miles is 29:44, NOT 27:44. duh. The race today was good. I ran my goals of a faster pace than last week AND running well under 31 minutes. I was 5th for the team this time, but it is really hard to gauge since the racers change every race. We had 3 of the 5 from last week show, including me. My time was 29:06. If my calculations are correct, that makes my pace 7:16/mile and comes out to 22:25 for a 5k, which is OK.

My legs ache and my right upper hamstring is tight, my left big toe is bruised under the toenail and one of my toes decided to get itself rubbed raw and bleed all over my racing flat. SWEET! I love cross country season. =) I have to show my co-workers my bloody shoe. It looks awful, but I didn't feel anything. Gotta keep my hard-core reputation. ;)

This last week I ate horribly. I bought a big chocolate bar this weekend at Trader Joes and am limiting myself to one square a day. No other dessert. If I can manage to do that, I'll treat myself to one of my other favorite TJ delicacies the following week like Mochi, or merangues, or the chocolate chip cookie dough. My problem is that work provides dessert at lunch and I'm a sucker for the ice cream mixins on Wednesday and the cookies on Thursday. We also had too many parties last week that had cake or brownies or cheesecake or cheese-smothered-mexican-goodness-for-lunch. Actually, I think I'll do much better if I drink more water.

Morning Weight: 148
Miles Today: 11.5
Other Exercise: None
Total Miles this Week: 50.5

No comments: