Saturday, August 20, 2005

First Race of 2005

I finished it. I felt a little sluggish in the race, but that was expected. THERE WERE TONS OF HILLS! Holy Cow Patties! So I ran a 23:02. Not so hot of a time, but if you compare my time with the elite women in the front who usually run 17s or faster, I looked a lot better. The fastest woman was in the 19s at about a 6:1- pace which is SLOW. I'm just glad I got a really great hill workout in, and since only 5 women showed up for my team, I scored! Totally cool.

Next week is an off week, so I'll be running 15-20% fewer miles than this week, making my mileage for next week somewhere around 55. I may take Friday off from running and do an extra long swim instead.

Morning Weight: 146.5
Miles Today: 11.25
Other Exercise: Motorcycling
Total Miles this Week: 67

No comments: