Friday, August 26, 2005

Second Race of the Season

Tomorrow is my second race--4 miles, hilly. I don't have any strict time goals, once again; I may try to run the same pace as last week, or faster. I did 7:26's last week. For four miles, that's 27:44. Of course, I don't think I've ever run faster than 28 for 4 miles, so I guess my goal is to break 28. Last year I ran a 4ish mile race in 31:08; If I don't beat that, I'll be very pissed.

I just saw the team results today from last week's race. Our team was 3rd! That means the team gets $25, so if individual payments are made, I get $5! Sweet! I'm halfway to meeting my take-in from last year. ;)

It looks like next week is going to be stressful at work. The next three weeks will probably be crazy, but I have confirmation that next week definitely will be. I just need to chill, let my running calm me, and make sure that I get up at 6 every morning. None of this 6:30/7/8 hitting-my-snooze. Even if I go to bed late, my goal is to get up at 6. My top priorities will have to be running and work. I can't let any extra-cirriculars prevent me from doing my runs, swims or weights. That isn't to say I can't have any fun--I just have to put it lower on the totem pole. For example: if I don't get a chance to do my second run or weights at lunch, I'll do them after work. If I have something fun after work, I'll just have to be late or skip it. I probably won't agree to any lunch meetings, especially on Monday and Wednesday. *Deep breath*

Morning Weight: 147
Miles Today: 0
Other Exercise: 1/2 mile swim
Total Miles this Week: 39

No comments: