Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thursday Log

9 miles: Stanford Dish Loop, 78:36, felt pretty good, a little hamstring tiredness, almost hit by a car... This was the closest I'd ever been to being hit. I was running on the right side of the road so I could cross and turn right at the end of the crosswalk. The street is two lanes in both directions. The green man says I can run across. One car sits at the red light in the closest lane, but the far lane is open. As I pass the stopped car, an SUV slows down for the light and stops in the far lane (California style). At this point I am right in front of the SUV. I hear the engine rev and I yell, "AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Holy S#$%!" with my right arm out in a running-back pose and I swing wide. She slams on the breaks. If she hadn't stopped, I would have been a dent in her hood. Good thing I leave a "safety cushion" from cars when I run. Motorcyclists do that too. Stupid SUVs.

oatmeal w/ cranberries and brown sugar
2 hard-boiled egg whites
strawberries and pineapple
latte - decaf
chocolate frenzy (5 hershey nuggets, 2 fun-size peanut m&ms, 2 TJs squares)

The sugar frenzy just got worse from here...

Morning Weight: 151.5
Miles Today: 9
Other Exercise: None
Total Miles this Week: 47.5

No comments: