Wednesday, June 28, 2006

It's been about a year of blogging

This morning I took my heart rate for the second time in about a year. It was 46. Awesome! I'd love it if I could remember to do that every morning, so I could determine if I need to rest and load up on Vitamin C for fighting something that doesn't have any other symptoms yet besides an elevated heart rate.

Looking through the past year of posts, I watched my weight go down and back up, my speed follow the same path, and my confidence steadily increase. I'm glad that my weight is 10 pounds less than a year ago today, my resting heart rate is 5bpm lower, and I'm running faster. That is encouraging. It also reminds me that I haven't reached my goals. I still have about 12 pounds to go to hit 130, a couple minutes to slice off my 5k time, and I have yet to run a track season or in the Bay to Breakers Centipede yet. In the next year, I'm setting out to accomplish these goals. I'd love to run a steeplechase race again and be fast enough that I'm routinely in the top 33% of elite races. But, one baby step at a time. My most immediate goals are to break 21 at the Pozo 5k on the 4th of July (I'd really like to break 20, but Pozo is usually slower for me for some reason), break 6 minutes at the Davis Mile race, and break 90 minutes at the SLO Triathlon where I'll be ~136lbs.

Morning Weight: 140.5
Miles Today: 7.5
Other Exercise: Bike from work, swim 1800yrds
Total Miles this Week: 30

No comments: