Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Cross Training Galore

I've been cycling about 5x per week, running 6x, and swimming 1 (hopefully 3x in the future), and I feel really strong and energized. It's awesome... and totally weird. I work out 2-3 times a day, but my easy runs don't feel like a chore and I don't waddle around the office from soreness and achey legs. Instead of doing 3 running workouts a week, I'm doing 2 running and 1 biking. Maybe my energy can be attributed to running workouts that aren't as strenuous. My last two workouts were 4x5min fartlek with 2-5min rest at easy day pace today, and a 1600m time trial on Saturday. I'm mad at myself concerning the time trial. It was 6:07. Grrrcicle. (88,92,95,92) And the weird part was my lungs were the threshold and not my legs. I'm doing a mile road race in a month and my goal is to break 6 minutes. Hopefully by then, I'll have broken 140lbs. as well.

My food goal is to eat only when I'm hungry the next 4 days. I think I'm doing well so far. I'm glad I have plenty of snacks at my desk like apple rings and rice cakes. mmmm!

Morning Weight: 145.5
Miles Today: 7.5
Other Exercise: Lift Weights/Abs
Total Miles this Week: 22.5 running, 30 biking, .5 swimming

No comments: