Wednesday, June 21, 2006

New Dish Loop Record

Yesterday David and I ran the Dish Loop as fast as I could again. We broke the time from before by 51 seconds, coming through at 26:56. My hammy's were tight for some reason, but we kicked our previous butts, so YAY! My goal for the summer is to be able to break 26. Then, at lunch I did a spinning workout. I'm hoping all this cross training I'm doing will reflect in my race this weekend. My goal is to break 35 minutes for the 8k (or faster than 7 min/miles). The weather is supposed to be an almost record high in Sacramento though, so it may be too hot to run fast, but we'll see. I'm going to take it easy the next two days, with doing some quick strides tomorrow on my run with an easy lunch spin session (maybe), and only running 3-4 miles on Friday and no cross-training.

Morning Weight: 143.25
Miles Today: 5.5
Other Exercise: Commuting to/from work on bike, swimming 900yrds
Total Miles this Week: 28.25

No comments: