Tuesday, July 04, 2006

One goal down, 2.5 to go

Woohoo! The Pozo 5k was today and Joe made me "Beer Gal". I've always aspired to be Beer Gal and have been a teeny jealous of the other beer gals at that race in the past. For those who don't know the Pozo 5k tradition, the women who beat the Beer Gal or men the Beer Guy, get a free beer. Talk about pressure. But I prevailed. 5 ladies beat me and two were under 21. I ran my fastest time for a 5k since college, 20:11. That is 6:30 pace! My splits were 6:24 and 13:10(oops,6:46), and the last 1.1 came out to 6:22 pace. Third in my age group. Cool.

Next goal: Break 6 minutes in the Davis mile. (and be about 138.5 lbs.)

Morning Weight: 140.25
Miles Today: 7
Other Exercise: Kayaking to the fireworks
Total Miles this Week: 20

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Damn, girl! Look at you go! Fantastic job!