Tuesday, July 12, 2005

H2O Factor

Note to self: stay hydrated. don't run in the middle of the day for your long run.

I didn't drink any water on Saturday. Dumb. I didn't run either, but that is ok. I still ran 40 miles last week in 6 days. I think I'm pushing myself too hard anyway. This week I want to run as many miles as I feel like going, and I'm not going to worry about what my coach has down on paper. I'm not ready for that, and I almost crumbled this weekend with the pressure I was putting on myself.

On Sunday, I didn't get out of my place until almost 11. I felt great... for the first 3 miles. At that point I had to run up a slight hill and that started taking a toll on me. Plus, it was hot and I started sweating a lot. I was so tired after 4 miles, that I was wondering if I'd even be able to do the dish loop. When I arrived at the gate to the loop, I had to stop and recover a bit. My breathing was heavier when I stopped than during my run! I ran to the top of the first hill and then took an alternate route to Alpine Rd. I was so tired when I got to Alpine Rd, that I stopped an walked. Oh brother. I walked/ran most the rest of the way home. And I got sunburned again on Sunday! Grrr.

Yesterday wasn't much better, although I didn't stop and walk, and I thought I was way more hydrated too. I'm drinking 2 liters of water today. My run today was better, but I was running shorter. Tomorrow will be the test.

Morning Weight: 149 yesterday, 146.5 today
Miles Today: 5
Other Exercise: Biked to work
Total Miles this Week: 21.5

No comments: