Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Another injury recovery period

Will I ever get in shape? On Jan 30th I broke both collarbones from a bicycle accident. Fortunately, I didn't have any surgery or scrapes, only a few bruises and a concussion. At 4.5 weeks, I started running, and now I can run 40+ minutes at 8:30 pace. Last week, I picked up a brand new road bike and rode it for the first time on Saturday and then again on Monday and Tuesday of this week. Now my butt just needs to get used to it.

Morning Weight: 146
Miles Today: 4.7 run
Other Exercise: Walk around complex
Total Miles this Week: 7.5 run, 70 bike

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The answer to "Will I ever get in shape?" is, variously, "you already are", "yes, eventually", and "no, never" depending on how ultra-uber-insanely you define "in shape".