Friday, September 08, 2006

First XC race of the 2006 season

Tomorrow I run the 2006 Golden Gate Open. My time last year for the race was 30:32 and my best time (at the championships last year) was 29:29. My goal is to improve my best time. I'm feeling the fittest I've been since being out of school, and it is great. I've been lifting 1-2 times a week and this is the least I've weighed since college. This course can be tricky, but it is two loops of grass and dirt and I'm pretty sure I understand it after running it 3 times. I plan to run the second loop stronger than the first. Right now, I'm debating on whether to use my waffles or my spikes, so I'll probably bring both tomorrow and decide on my warmup. Ready... Race!

Morning Weight: 137.5
Miles Today: 4
Other Exercise: None
Total Miles this Week: 43

No comments: