Monday, October 12, 2009

Willow Hills XC Challenge 2009

I was totally wavering on whether to run this race or not. Because it was so far away, I told myself that I'd go if I found a carpool buddy. Found one on Friday, but Friday night I really didn't want to race. Too bad for me, now I was stuck. I think I'm mentally burnt from racing every weekend.

Another YouTube video, this time of the start and finish:


This course was two loops of about 2 longer hills and one really short, really steep bump, and some rollers. My first lap was about 10:28 and I finished in 21:03, which now seems better than if I said I positive-splitted in 6:30, 6:42 and 7:00 min/mile. Maybe the two laps weren't really that equal as we went around a lake two different ways for the two laps. I thought that my best time for this course was in the high 20s, so I was disappointed with a time of 21:03 but looking back, it seems that I was mistaken and it was in the high 21s instead. Two people I'd been finishing near beat me by several seconds. Gotta get them next time. Must note that I got a weird side-ache before the last long hill, but it went away in about a minute.

No comments: