Sunday, October 04, 2009

Presidio XC Challenge 2009

I was guessing that I'd probably finish around 26:30 by looking at past performances of others, so I was hoping to hit near that time. I didn't. Here's how it went.

So, the Presidio course is the most challenging of all the races in the PAUSATF XC series. It races like a 4-mile cross country course, except that it is only 3.55. I was going to write that nobody is fond of this race, however, one of my teammates says this is her favorite race. Not sure if she counts though, as she is a total "mountain goat". The course does two-ish loops of sandy-hill, long-hill-along-road, steep-downhill, and steep-hill. Those are my names for them of course. Then, we finished going backwards down sandy-hill, and around a big grass field. All I can say is, "PAIN."

Found a video of the first time up the steep-hill! Thanks walkerfamilymedia!


This time was better than all the other times I've raced this course, so I was happy with the result. I beat my predicted time by almost 30 seconds! The flats and slight downhill were where people would pass me, but I seemed to do the passing on the steep ups and downs. Totally pooped out at the end and like 5 people passed me in the last 400m.

No comments: