Monday, July 10, 2006

Where did that come from? 1600 Time-Trial

So, I decided that driving to Davis and paying $20+ for a mile race plus $20+ for gas was a silly idea, especially when I'd be giving up my socializing all Sunday (the Tour and the World Cup were on). Instead, I saved 50 bucks and 4 hours of my time by, warming up to my local track, doing a few strides, changing into spikes and running 1600m in 5:41.1 (hand-timed ;} ). What the!?! Wow! Splits were 85, 2:49(84), 4:15(86), 5:41(86). That hurt my lungs. All this biking has really made my legs stronger and my turn-over quicker.

Unfortunately, My weight was 141 Sunday morning, so my weight goal wasn't realized, and I have a feeling that my triathlon weight goal of hitting <136 is unattainable now, but I'm still going to try to break 90 minutes. I want to break 16 in the swim, 52 in the bike and 22 in the run. That leaves no time for transitions, so I have to better all my goals and practice the transitions, so I can get the transitions under a total of 2 minutes. This is going to be very difficult. Wish me luck!

Morning Weight: 143
Miles Today: Day Off
Other Exercise: Biking and Swimming
Total Miles this Week: 5.5

No comments: