Sunday, October 16, 2005

I'm getting faster!

Yesterday, I had an awesome workout. Please refer to this post as a reference for how awesome my workout was: crazy-nighthawk. Ok. I did 4x1600m with 1.25 laps jog between each repeat. I was supposed to do these at 10k race effort. So, I did the first one at a pace that I thought was fairly conservative. The result? 6:35. WHAT?! Holy cow! That's faster than my best 5k race pace this year, and it's even faster than my all-out mile in June. Yay! I only had three more efforts to go. The next two were both 6:43. I guess that is closer to 10k race pace, but I've never raced a 10k, so I don't really know how much slower it is than a 5k. The last 1600, I just wanted to see if I could do a 6:35 again. I was just messing around and I really shouldn't have. I should have stayed on the 10k pace, but I was too curious. It was fairly tough to run, but I accomplished it with a 6:30. =) Yippee!

On another note, the following should be added to the track etiquette list. There was a guy during one of my repeats walking in the lane I was in, in office-wear and talking on a cellphone! This boggles my mind. He wasn't paying an ounce of attention to anything that was going on around him. Dude.

Morning Weight: 138.5
Miles Today: 12
Other Exercise: None
Total Miles this Week: 12, last week was 66

No comments: