Sunday, October 16, 2005

2005 Golden Gate Park Race

I got sick after Labor Day Weekend, and this race was the following weekend, so I was not feeling very peppy, but I did it anyway. I had a primary goal and a secondary goal. The primary goal was to beat my time from last year. The other goal was to break 30 minutes. Last year, I ran 31:08. This year, even though I was wanting to quit after 1 mile, with 3 to go, I ran 30:32. Nice! My goal at regionals is to beat that time by at least a minute. Pacewise, that is going from 7:40/mile to 7:25/mile, which should be way easy. I think I can even do 7:15s, giving me a 1:30 difference at around 29 minutes. This course does tend to be sneaky-hard though, and I heard that they add another big fat log for the runners to jump over at regionals.

No comments: