Monday, September 07, 2009

Golden Gate Goals

This weekend comes the true test of fitness. I've run the Golden Gate XC course at least 6 times, so I have a great array of attempts and durations. Most importantly, I have results there when I've been my fittest post-collegiately. Looking at past results, it seems as if my best time is 28:43. Comparing other runners' times between same-year UCSC and Golden Gate results, it seems doable to finish within 30 seconds of my Santa Cruz time.

Goals:
  • Break 28 minutes
  • Hydrate this week
  • Once again, start the race conservatively
My only worry is that this is the first week of longer speedwork -- I have two workouts during the week -- and I may be tired for the race. It isn't a big deal because this is still an early-season race, but I'd like to do well regardless.

No comments: