Monday, May 01, 2006

Two races and an in/out workout

Not-so Zippy 5k, 6 x in/outs, and SLOW Run for the Future 5k. Both 5ks were on Sundays. I ran the Zippy in 21:55. Mile splits were approximately 6:49, 7:26 (14:15), and about 7. The 5k-pace part of the in/outs (21:34) were: 95,99,101,100,99?,98? Humph. That HURT. So this last week was a trial on all the things I shouldn't do a week before a race. 1) Wake up with the sun so I don't get my full 8+ hours any of the nights in the week except maybe Fri and Sat. 2) Forget to drink water 3) Drive to LA Weds/Thurs and back Fri. 4) Party on Thurs and get dehydrated. 5) Ride a motorcycle 45 miles on Sat.

Yeah. So I ran 22:10ish. I don't have the official results yet. I am sore today and it is probably from a combination of riding the motorcycle and running.

I really really need some speed. I also really really need to lose weight. Heavy legs are not fast legs.

Goal: 136 or lower by the time I do the SLO Triathlon this year. (July 23) That is 12 weeks away which is one pound a week.
Goal this week: Sleep 8+ hours a night starting tonight. (last night was ~3)


Morning Weight: 147
Miles Today: 12
Other Exercise: None
Total Miles this Week: 19.5

No comments: