Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cross Country Season is Upon Us

Alright. Goals:
  • Beat all my times from all past PA races.
  • Stay injury-free by being careful and mindful.
  • Learn about how I improve (and fail to improve) by following a specific training plan tailored to me.

Santa Cruz is coming up on Saturday and looking at my past times on the course, I would like to run 28 minutes. Previous best from 2005 is 29:06, and last year I wasn't running much and completely bonked after the steep, uphill start, coming just under 31. This course is up up up for the first mile, flat for the 2nd and 3rd miles and a nice long downhill for the 4th mile. The finish is about 200 meters uphill. I've been practicing the uphill, so if I relax, I think I'll be able to finish strong.
Santa Cruz Goals:
  • Break 29 minutes
  • Go out at a moderate pace up the first steep hill. Pick off runners later.
  • Hammer the last two miles.
I'm looking forward to racing with tons of teammates this year and hopefully blowing my old times out of the water. (But I say that every year. *sigh*)

No comments: